Georgetown Baptist Kindergarten (GBK) provides an avenue for the holistic development of children using age-appropriate activities at an affordable fee. While we acknowledge that preparing a child academically for entry into the Primary School is important, we are also concerned with his/her social, moral and spiritual development.
The kindegarten has a solid child-centred thematic curriculum that caters for children from 3 to 6 years old and encompasses play-based learning, so that the entire learning process is fun for children!
But much more than that, GBK is a safe place where children are loved for who they are!
Children develop at different rates. All children are successful in their own time. Education does not mean learning only the ABCs or the 3Rs. Learning is a life-long process. However, ideas and attitudes for their future are shaped today.
Therefore, children should also:
- have decision-making skills
- have living skills
- have social skills
- develop good character and attitudes
- learn to love and obey God
Children do not learn in isolation.
- Children learn best when parents and teachers co-operate.
- Where possible, the school should equip parents to help their children succeed.
- Imparting to them a love of learning is vital to their future.
- Discovery is a very important part of learning.
Good, quality education should be available to every child.
Teaching is not a job. It is a ministry.
As teachers in GBK, we are committed to:
- love, obey and serve God in the ministry that He has called us into.
- love the children we serve.
- invest our lives in the children that God has brought to us.
- make education a child-centred process rather than a teacher-centred process.
- work hard and walk that extra mile.
GBK accepts children between the ages of 3 and 6 years.
Pre-Kindergarten: 3 years old
Kindergarten 1: 4 years old
Kindergarten 2: 5 years old
Kindergarten 3: 6 years old
Monday-Friday: 8.30am – 12.30noon
Registration can be done at the following places:
- Kindergarten (012 - 582 5552), Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 12.30pm
- Georgetown Baptist Church Office (04-2287110), Tuesday - Friday, 2.00pm - 5.00pm